Sunday, December 6, 2009

One unified stream of information source

Can google wave provide a way to unify all information streams in one place?

Google wave is quite exciting. It combines features of email (threaded discussions and allowing attachments), wikis (one can edit in real time), blogs (write and post), instant message, even voice mails and video conferencing. The multipliciity of media in Google wave excites me and I'd like to use it to put all my information bits in one place I have not been very successful at it so far. I hope there be a robot or a gadget that can take in emails (emaily-wave does that but it' s still very clunky; I cannot seem to get my emails show up consistently some do and some don't); so is the case with mail to wave. RSS bot does not work at the time of writing this. I am stranded. 

I had in mind was one service where I could simply push anything I want to my blips and it'd neatly blip and show all feeds and aggregated news that came its way. thats not happening any time soon. I guess I need to be happy with my email integrating everything. 






"There's a crack in everything, it's how the light gets in." (Leonard Cohen)

No comments:

Post a Comment